Saturday, September 17, 2009 La Crosse Sailing Club, La Crosse, Wisconsin
1. Fee: $25.00- a bargain!
2. Schedule of Events
a. 10:30-11:30 Registration
3. Sailing Instructions: The Sailing Instructions will be available at the competitors meeting. Many races!
4. Directions: The Sailing club is at the north tip of French Island. Take the airport exit off I-90 (County “B”). Follow signs toward airport. Instead of turning right into airport, continue west to stop sign and take a right (north) on Lake Shore Drive. The Sailing club is past the parking lot at the end of Lake Shore Drive.
5. Venue: Lake Onalaska is an excellent size Laser lake. A dammed up section of the Mississippi, the water level is controlled and there is little or no current. The club offers a park-like setting for family members not sailing. There are plenty of activities in La Crosse for family members in this beautiful river town including a nice children's Museum. For ideas about other recreational options, click on the link for hotel information and scroll down to the link for the convention visitors bureau.
6. Courses: Olympic Triangle, Windward/Leeward or variations thereof.
7. Scoring: RRS A2 low point system. One races required for the series. We will race the maximum number of races possible…maximum fun.
8. Awards: Top 3, Top Masters, Top Junior, women and other awards.
a. Limited guest housing will be available. For more information contact the Kurt Schroeder at 608 785 4728 or email@example.com
b. Day's Inn, Midway Hotel (Best Western), Hampton Inn and The Brookstone are the closest to the regatta site and dinner. For full hotel info visit http://www.trails.com/all-hotels/points-of-interest.asp?poi=15580
c. Camping available at club. Must ask for permit at registration.
10. Social Events: Saturday, September 17: post meal at club.